Do you enjoy the study of gene regulation and the outdoors? Come join our international team in sunny Freiburg, Germany!
We (https://www.preissllab.org/) offer a fully funded postdoc position to study gene regulatory programs using cutting edge single cell multiomics and epigenomics technologies. The goal of the project is to uncover molecular pathways of cellular remodeling and cell-cell communications underlying kidney diseases. The position is funded for 2 years by the DFG (German Research Foundation) and the preferred start date is September 2023. The project is in close collaboration with the lab of Prof. Michael Köttgen (http://www.nephrolab.org/groups/michael-koettgen).
· PhD degree in any field with strong interest in gene regulation and high-dimensional data analysis.
· Experience with generation and analysis of epigenomic (ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq, CUT&Tag) or single cell genomics datasets (single cell RNA-seq, single cell ATAC-seq).
· Proficiency in R or Python is preferred.
· Candidates with experience in both wet and dry lab are highly encouraged to apply.
· Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
Interested candidates, please send one pdf with the following documents to sebastian.preissl[at]pharmakol.uni-freiburg.de:
1) Motivation letter including your research interests
3) Contact information for two to three references