Required Qualification (evidenced by an attached resume):
A Doctoral degree(or foreign equivalent) in Material Science, Chemical Engineering, or a closely related field.
PhD in Materials Science or Chemical Engineering with experience in polymer processing/fabrication and structure characterization. Manuscripts published, or in preparation for publication, in peer-reviewed journals on experimental materials science or related areas. Research experience at government national labs.
Brief Description of Duties:
The postdoctoral position will focus on fundamental research related to the development of antimicrobial surfaces using block copolymer lithography, structural characterization, and bacteria adhesion test. In addition, the postdoctoral fellow will seek design parameters to fabricate interface arrays on chips that are compatible with multiple modes of characterization at the ORNL. The postdoctoral fellow will also study the samples with multiple, advanced imaging and spectroscopy tools available at the ORNL.
Specific scientific duties and responsibilities include:
● To establish candidate surface architectures to target for block copolymer lithography, etching, and surface modification.
● To conduct the surface characterization using various surface sensitive techniques including atomic force microscopy, FT-IR, nano-IR, water contact angle, and scanning electron microscopy.
● Detailed antimicrobial test of the nanostructured surfaces.
● Design and conduct GISAXS measurements for establishing new protocols for real-time analysis of bacteria- interface interactions and the data analysis.
● Management duties will also include effective oversight of research conducted in laboratory spaces.
● Interpretation of data and effective communications in scientific literature.
● Writing and management of laboratory user proposals.
● Other duties as assigned
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Minimum salary threshold must be met to maintain FLSA exemption.
Visit The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs to learn more about our postdoctoral community.
Resume should be included with the online application.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the university Office of Equity and Access (OEA) at (631) 632-6280 or visit OEA .
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed here .
Visit our WHY WORK HERE page to learn about the total rewards we offer.
SUNY Research Foundation: A Great Place to Work.
The starting salary range (or hiring range) to be offered for this position is noted below, it represents SBU’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.