Research Technician position available in the Grienberger lab at Brandeis University. We are a new neuroscience group studying the cellular basis of learning and memory in the mammalian brain. This is an ideal position for someone passionate about doing research within a highly collaborative team and looking to gain mentored hands-on laboratory experience in preparation for graduate or medical school.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Perform basic lab management tasks, including ordering equipment and supplies
· Manage our animal colony
· Assist in building laboratory equipment, including 3-D printing and open-source hardware
· Support ongoing experiments in the lab
· Conduct independent research utilizing cutting-edge techniques in two-photon calcium imaging, whole-cell patch recordings, and optogenetics (including behavioral training, data collection, histology, and surgeries)
· Bachelor’s degree in Neuroscience, Biology, Engineering, or equivalent
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
· Ideally, previous laboratory experience
· Ideally, a 2-year commitment
· A strong desire to learn how to do research
We are committed to building a vibrant group of scientists from diverse backgrounds and place a strong emphasis on teamwork and mentorship. Brandeis University, located 9 miles outside of Boston with easy commuting options, has a uniquely interdisciplinary Neuroscience community spanning Biology, Psychology, Biochemistry, and Mathematics.
To learn more about our lab, visit www.grienbergerlab.org. Join us and apply by submitting a cover letter and your resume, including 2-3 references.