Postdoctoral Researcher, UCLA Liquid Biopsy LaboratoryJob #JPF08509
- Molecular & Medical Pharmacology / David Geffen School Of Medicine / UCLA
The posted UC salary scales set the minimum pay determined by level of experience at appointment. See Table 23. The minimum salary rate for this position is $60,000.
Open date:November 8, 2023
Final date:July 31, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
We are currently seeking highly motivated PhD scientists to join our interdisciplinary research team at the UCLA Liquid Biopsy Laboratory. These positions are associated with the Department of Molecular & Medical Pharmacology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center in the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. Our team, supported by the National Cancer Institute, consists of scientists, engineers, and physicians from UCLA and Cedars Sinai Medical Center. We are focused on developing cutting-edge tools to enable physicians to diagnose various types of cancer and prenatal diseases with increased precision and minimal invasiveness.
• Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related discipline
• Solid understanding of extracellular vesicle biology and proven hands-on experience with conventional extracellular vesicle characterization techniques
• Hands-on experience with analytical techniques such as qPCR, ddPCR, immunostaining, ELISA, WB, and microscopy techniques
• Practical experience with molecular processes, including DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, and NGS sequencing
• Self-starting, independent attitude with a strong desire to develop game-changing technologies and impact discovery in life sciences
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Capability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Candidates with the following qualifications will have an advantage:
• Demonstrable experience in developing novel bioassays
• Good understanding of cancer biology
• Practical experience or demonstrable understanding of bioinformatics databases/platforms, such as Human Protein Atlas, UniProt, Reactome, Cytoscape, etc.
• Comprehensive practical experience and knowledge of cellular assays and cell phenotyping (FACS, IHC, clonogenic, cytotoxicity, and viability)
• Experience in generating library preps for NGS
• Hands-on experience with RNAseq performed on human clinical samples
• Work disseminated in the form of peer-reviewed manuscriptsThe position is open immediately. Interested candidates should submit a brief cover letter and curriculum vitae.QUALIFICATIONS
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related disciplineAPPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- 3-5 required(contact information only)
References may be contacted to verify experience.
Apply link: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF08509
Or directly contact:
email@example.com@mednet.ucla.eduJOB LOCATIONLos Angeles, CA