The Department of Pharmacological Sciences at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai invites applications for Postdoctoral Fellows in Structural and Chemical Biology and Molecular Pharmacology.
We seek exceptional candidates who are deeply motivated and dedicated to advancing research on molecular mechanisms in biology, as well as drug discovery for human diseases including cancer, infection, and neurological disorders.
As a Postdoctoral Fellow in our Department, you will have the opportunity to work in a stimulating research environment that fosters collaboration. We provide access to state-of-the-art shared research facilities that facilitate both basic and translational research.
Successful applicants will have a chance to participate in dynamic and independently funded research programs and engage in collaborative efforts with leading experts in cutting-edge research and drug discovery.
These opportunities extend throughout the Medical School and across relevant research fields. To learn more details about the available positions, please visit https://icahn.mssm.edu/about/departments/pharmacological-sciences . You can see all our postdoc openings and learn how to apply at https://dpsismms.org/jobs/job-openings/ .
- Plan and conduct specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluate and analyze research data.
- Establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarize and publish research findings in scientific journals.
- Maintain laboratory operations.
- Supervise research staff.
- Ph.D. or M.D. in Basic Science, or a related field.
- Ph.D. in a relevant research area but not limited to structural biology, biophysics, chemistry, chemical biology, bioinformatics, computer science, molecular and cellular biology, neuroscience, molecular pharmacology, or related fields.
- Research accomplishments and publications
- Excellent written/oral communication.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic and collaborative basic/translational research environment.
Mount Sinai is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are deeply committed to increasing diversity and especially encourage applications from persons with disabilities, women, veterans, and underrepresented groups.