Dr. Tianxiang Hu’s Lab in the Georgia Cancer Center @ the Medical College of Georgia is recruiting 2 postdoctoral fellows
Dr. Tianxiang Hu’s lab in the Georgia Cancer Center is currently seeking 2 postdoctoral researchers to join their team. The lab’s research focuses on investigating molecular mechanisms driving leukemia initiation and progression, especially the role of leukemia cell intrinsic signaling in modulating the antitumor immunity. The group has developed transgenic AML and CML mouse models, as well as bone marrow transduction and transplantation models to characterize the origin and function of myeloid-derived suppressor cells, tumor associated neutrophils and macrophages during leukemogenesis. In the lab, you will have opportunity to apply cutting edge techniques including high dimensional flow cytometry, multiphoton microscopy, next generation sequencing, CRISPR screening, single-cell multiomics, Perturb-Seq and artificial intelligence to reveal mechanisms of immune evasion and leukemia-immune cell interaction during leukemia progression. We are also actively exploring the correlation between immune aging and leukemia outcome. You will obtain combinational experiences in both bench wet-lab research and dry lab computational/bioinformatic studies. The PI will provide a tailored training plan for individual trainees based on their unique backgrounds and career expectations. If you are interested in joining the lab, please visit their website at https://www.augusta.edu/cancer/research/labs/tianxiang-hu.php for more information.
What you can expect:
• Caring, inspiring and supportive PI, tailored training experience.
• Opportunity to master cutting edge techniques.
• Well established leukemia animal models and technique platforms.
• Exciting projects with clean phenotypes waiting for you to explore.
• Professional, friendly, and collaborative colleagues.
• Full access to world class core facilities from flow cytometry to genomics.
What we expect from you:
• Highly motivated and passionate about new discoveries.
• Previous experience in immunology, molecular biology, and cancer research is preferred.
• Publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals is necessary.
• Good skills in communication and collaboration with other members of the lab.
• A willingness to contribute to the development of the entire lab is required.
Interested person please send your CV and cover letter to Dr. Tianxiang Hu: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Medical College of Georgia.
As the only public academic medical college in Georgia, Medical College of Georgia (MCG) is dedicated to conducting state-of-the-art biomedical research and translating our findings into clinical applications. We are equally committed to providing excellent education and training opportunities for the next generation of physicians and researchers. Located in the charming city of Augusta in the southeastern United States, MCG offers easy access to a wide range of recreational and lifestyle opportunities. Within a 2.5-hour drive, you can explore the vibrant city of Atlanta, relax on the beach, or venture into the Blue Ridge mountains. Our mission is to improve human health and well-being through cutting-edge research and education. We are proud to be part of the vibrant community of Augusta and the state of Georgia, and to contribute to the advancement of healthcare both regionally and globally.