OPEN CALL FOR MULTIPLE POSITIONS: RESEARCH FELLOW AND POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER
We are currently welcoming expressions of interest for two research positions in our research group at the section of Pharmacology, University of Verona, Department of Diagnostic and Public Health.
These positions offer the opportunity to be engaged in exciting research projects focused on understanding the pathomechanisms and developing pharmacological interventions on preclinical models of rare neurodevelopmental/neurodegenerative genetic diseases, with proven primary or secondary mitochondrial dysfunctions. We are seeking both a junior fellow, who has completed his/her Master’s degree (1+years of experience preferred), as well as a more experienced postdoctoral researcher. Our lab is supported by National and European Funding Agencies (Telethon Foundation, Ministero dell’Università e della Ricerca, European Joint Program for Rare Disease) and closely collaborates with international research groups.
· Developing 2D and 3D cellular models of genetic diseases, also through CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing
· In vivo studies
· Flow cytometry and immunohistochemical/immunofluorescence analysis
· Biochemical analysis (such as SDS-PAGE, Native PAGE, Western blotting, and kinetic assays)
· Write/revise methodological protocols, and internal/external scientific and technical documentation
· Correctly and timely report the generated data and ensure their traceability
· Full accountability for the data presented and the comments/conclusions driven
· A scientific degree in the life science field (Biology, Biotechnology and related fields) and/or a PhD in Medical Genetics, Pharmacology, Biology, Neurological Sciences and related fields
· Experience in translational research
· Ability to work in a team
· Active thinking
· Commitment to the assigned deadlines and ability to deliver tight deadlines
· Good fluency in written and spoken English
We offer a full-time, 1-year (Research Fellow) or 2-year (Post-doc) contract, both eventually renewable.