Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) – The Research University in the Helmholtz Association creates and imparts knowledge for the society and the environment. It is our goal to make significant contributions to mastering the global challenges of mankind in the fields of energy, mobility, and information. For this, more than 9.000 employees of KIT cooperate in a broad range of disciplines in research, academic education, and innovation.
The Institute of Business Informatics and Marketing (IISM) is looking as soon as possible and limited for a
PostDoc (f/m/d) for the research group “Smart Grids and Energy Markets”
Are you passionate about energy economics and informatics? Join our team at the Chair of Information & Market Engineering at IISM and play a vital role in research and teaching.
- leading tasks in research and teaching at the research group “Smart Grids and Energy Markets”
- shaping innovative research on energy informatics and energy economics
- working independent on research projects including conception, implementation and publication with a dynamic team
- co-supervision of research team (Ph.D. candidates)
- collaborating with renowned institutions in the energy research field
You’ll also contribute to other ongoing projects, such as nfdi4energy (https://nfdi4energy.uol.de/), SMaaS (https://smaas.iism.kit.edu/), ASSUME (assume-project.de). By joining us, you’ll gain access to a valuable network of experts in energy system research, fostering research collaborations and publications. This is your chance to make a meaningful impact on the energy transition.
- univeristy degree (Master) and a completed or imminent doctorate
- in-depth knowledge of energy economics and/or energy informatics
- strong analytical skills and a self-directed approach to work
- excellent competence in scientific methodology and working methods
- good programming skills (e.g., Python)
- outstanding teamwork and leadership skills
- very good knowledge of English, knowledge of German would be an advantage
- motivation, commitment and initiative
Become a member of staff of the only German University of Excellence that conducts large-scale research on the national level. Work under excellent working conditions in an interna-tional environment and be active in research and academic education for our future. Benefit from specific training when starting your job and from a wide range of further qualification offers. Use our flexible working time models (flexitime, work from home), our sports and lei-sure offers, as well as our child and holiday care services. We also pay a share of EUR 25/month in the Job Ticket Baden-Württemberg. Enjoy a large variety of dishes, snacks, and beverages at our canteens.
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.
Please send your application including a cover letter, your CV, and all certificates/referees in electronic form to email@example.com until August 31, 2023 using the vacancy number 2188/2023 and the reference number 6. For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Weinhardt, phone +49 721 608-48370.
You can find further information on the internet: www.kit.edu
KIT – The Research University in the Helmholtz Association