About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work — and that our teams align with the people we serve to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity – in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
The Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope is looking for highly motivated and creative Postdoctoral Fellow to work in either of the following areas within the laboratories of Dr. Ling Li, Associate Professor in the Department of Hematological Malignancies Translational Science, Department of Pediatrics, and Gehr Family Center for Leukemia Research to include: 1) Identification of novel anti-leukemia target using high-throughput CRISPR genetic screen (e.g., metabolic pathway); 2) Understanding the role of innate immunity during leukemogenesis as well as disease relapse in order to design novel inhibitors to intervene the malignancies; 3) collaborative analyses of myeloid cancers genomics using high-throughput single-cell technology.
The group conducts the most forefront science and is highly productive with publications in high-impact journals in the past five years. Dr. Li’s research program is supported by several NIH (R01 NHLBI, R01 NCI), American Cancer Society, and several other prestigious private awards. City of Hope is in the pleasant city of Los Angeles of Southern California.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Devise, plan, document and advance basic science and translational projects in the relevant research area
· Collect data for grant applications and prepare manuscripts for publication
· Work in close collaboration with other team members and external partners from academia and industry, including presentation of progress internally or externally
· Train and supervise technical staff
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
· PhD or M.D. with a strong background and profound knowledge in the field of either molecular biology, immunology, cancer biology, genetics
· Experience in sequencing or protein structural data analysis is highly preferred
· Previous experience in working with animal models of human cancers
· Literature knowledge of one of the three research areas mentioned above
· Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by peer-reviewed publications
· Strong team player with excellent communication skills and fluency in English, both spoken and written
· Commitment to the program for three years
As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
· For more information on Dr. Li please visit here: https://www.cityofhope.org/ling-li
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $31.00 – $34.23 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.