We seek a candidate with background in quantitative biology (preferably with experience on phylogenetics or climate change-related research) or biological data science (e.g. software development, analysis of large datasets) to fill a position as Postdoctoral Researcher at the Román-Palacios lab at the School of Information. The Postdoctoral researcher will work on projects that might be related, but not limited, to (1) the development of novel tools for research in ecology or evolution, (2) the analysis of large datasets using machine learning and related frameworks, (3) the systematic review of existing computational tools in biological fields, (4) the critical examinations or reviews of the reproducibility efforts in recent scientific publications, among others. There is flexibility in the specific projects that the Postdoctoral Researcher can undertake during this position. There will be opportunities for mentoring undergraduate and master’s students within the School of Information and other departments within the University of Arizona. This position will strongly encourage attendance to academic conferences and support outreach and DEI efforts.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Write scholarly publications and present at international conferences.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports and proposals.
- Participate with supervision of students and teaching.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skills with R, Phyton or other programming languages
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to write peer-reviewed publications.
- PhD in Biology or a quantitative discipline. The selected candidate must have a conferred PhD upon hire.
- Experience in innovative research.
- PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in programming and software engineering.
More Details: https://arizona.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/16576?c=arizona