At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
We pursue an interdisciplinary approach spanning proteomics, chemical biology, translational medicine, molecular biology, biochemistry, and bioinformatics to characterize systems level views of cancer signaling networks. Particular emphasis is given to integrating functional proteomics technologies, e.g. chemical and phosphoproteomics, to dissect the underlying mechanism of drug action and cancer biology.
The Ideal Candidate:
- We are looking for a cancer biologist with a cross-disciplinary skill set who is interested in working on a project related to crosstalk signaling mechanisms between cancer cells and tumor resident fibroblasts.
- Leveraging exciting preliminary data, the candidate will develop strategies to functionally characterize signaling mechanisms in both cell types and determine how these signaling events relate to kinase inhibitor sensitivity.
- Successful candidates will have a publication track record demonstrating a strong background in signal transduction, cancer biology, mammalian cell culture, immunoblotting, statistics, and RNA interference.
- Candidates with experience in mass spectrometry based proteomics will be given priority.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Ph.D. or M.D.
- Relevant Ph.D.: Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry
Moffitt features a number of high-quality core facilities equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation and a cluster of expertise particularly in proteomics. Please contact: Eric.Haura@moffitt.org