Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Computational Epigenomics
Institution: Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute (Moffitt) is a National Cancer Institute-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center located in Tampa, Florida, USA. Moffitt strives to be the leader in understanding the complexity of cancer and applying those insights for human benefits. Every Team Member of Moffitt focuses on the lasting commitment to their mission: To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.
Laboratory: The Computational Epigenomics Lab (https://tengmx.github.io) in the Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at Moffitt focuses on data science researches to understand epigenomic mechanisms of oncogenesis, particularly associated to DNA oncoviruses and clonal hematopoiesis. Ongoing studies include:
- Time-dependent modeling of Human papillomavirus (HPV) tumorgenesis in oral cancer
- Decoding host 3D Chromatin re-wiring by Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) in B-cell lymphomas
- Detecting clonal hematopoiesis biomarkers across solid tumors
- Modeling enhancer/super-enhancer regulation in cancer cells
Postdoctoral Fellow Position:
- Lead computational research projects toward cancer discoveries
- Closely interact with basic and translational researchers for collaborative studies
- Present and report research findings in conference and journal publications
- Encouraged and supported to apply for training grants
The Ideal Candidate:
- Passionate and motivated in computational biomedical research
- Experience in genomic studies using sequencing datasets
- Proficient programming skills in biomedical data processing
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, or the related fields.
- At least one first-author publication in related fields.
Moffitt Postdocs are provided with Medical (Moffitt covers premium for team member) effective upon start date and eligible for Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Retirement, Parental Leave and more. You may be eligible for relocation assistance per policy. Reasons to relocate, aside from the sunshine, beaches and year-round outdoor recreation associated with the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tampa is a thriving metropolitan city, which has become a hub for ground-breaking research, welcoming individuals from around the globe. This diverse city is engulfed with rich culture, year-round activities for all, beautiful beaches, amazing cuisine and so much more. We strive for work/life balance.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send a single PDF file that includes a cover letter summarizing your research training and accomplishments, a brief personal statement of scientific interests and goals, current CV with recent publications, and contact information of three references to Dr. Mingxiang Teng (email@example.com)
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant “to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.” The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.