The Rezaee Lab at the Center for Pediatric Research in the Department of Inflammation and Immunity at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner Research Institute has an immediate position available for a motivated and qualified postdoctoral fellowship on the development and understanding of the role of viral infection and pollution on airway epithelial barrier. Individuals with experience and knowledge of techniques in the above listed technical skills are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate will have Ph.D. or M.D. Ph.D. with relevant laboratory experience is required.
Principal Investigator: Fariba Rezaee, MD
Lerner Research Institute Department: Inflammation and Immunity
Lab Research Topics:
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
- Environmental exposures
- Electronic cigarettes and vaping
- Airway barrier
- Airway tight junction
- For more information about the lab’s research, please visit: https://www.lerner.ccf.org/inflammation-immunity/rezaee/#lab-investigator or contact Fariba Rezaee at email@example.com
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Familiar with the cultivation of multiple cell lines, primary airway epithelial cells.
- Familiar with Immunofluorescence staining, confocal microscopy, Western blotting, and RNA-based methods, including quantitative PCR.
- Familiar with working with rodents, including intratracheal inoculation, isolation of airway cells, and immunohistochemistry.
- The successful candidate will be expected to design, implement and manage research projects addressing the cellular response to viral infection and pollution.
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Previous experience working on infectious agents is a plus but is not required.
- The successful candidate will be an independent, highly motivated problem solver who communicates well and enjoys working in a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment.
- The appointee will be expected to take advantage of this career opportunity to develop skills in manuscript publication.
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Fariba Rezaee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter that describes your research interests and background
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact information for three references
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI
Highly motivated individuals with a PhD or MD/PhD in relevant area are encouraged to apply. This training position, under the direct supervision of a Cleveland Clinic Principal Investigator will provide practical training and experience in a research setting. This position is appointed through the Lerner Research Institute. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a commitment to research, a collaborative work ethic and strong communication skills, both written and verbal. This program is expected to be completed within 5 years.
Minimum hourly: $0.01
Maximum hourly: $333,340.26
The pay range displayed on this job posting reflects the anticipated range for new hires. While the pay range is displayed as an hourly rate, Cleveland Clinic recruiters will clarify whether the compensation is hourly or salary. A successful candidate’s actual compensation will be determined after taking factors into consideration such as the candidate’s work history, experience, skill set, and education. This is not inclusive of the value of Cleveland Clinic’s benefits package, which includes among other benefits, healthcare/dental/vision and retirement.