We value scholarship, creativity, originality, integrity, diligence, communication, and collaboration. There is no hierarchical structure and each group member will directly discuss with the PI. Each member is expected to meet the PI weekly, where we get to know each other, discuss research ideas, study literature, troubleshoot technical problems, and plan the next step. Each member may meet the PI more intensively in writing sessions, where leading authors and the PI work closely on papers together. The PI helps each member develop expertise in the field and find an original research direction, and then internal/external collaborations will be followed. The PI personalizes advising strategies considering the circumstance of each member. We experience doing research with joy and aim to align our values with productivity for a more fulfilling research experience. We commit to building a community where all members can grow intellectually and mentally.
- Applicants must be enrolled in the Ph.D. program in Mechanical Engineering at Northwestern University.
- Admitted students who are interested in joining the lab should directly contact Junsoo.
- Applying to any sources of scholarships available to you is highly encouraged.
- Prospective Ph.D. students who are interested in joining the lab should apply the Ph.D. program in Mechanical Engineering at Northwestern University, and list Junsoo as a potential advisor in the application.
- To apply, submit CV, one-page personal statement, one-page research statement, and contact information of 3 referees.
Undergraduate and M.S. students
- Applicants must be enrolled in a program at Northwestern University.
- To apply, submit CV and one-page personal statement.