We are seeking a motivated and capable PDRA (Post-Doctoral Research Associate) to provide support for the delivery of an innovative industry-led research project.
The role holder will work within an established and vibrant research environment, as part of an experienced research team composed of Post-Docs, PhD students and academics to deliver the project.
We are particularly interested to hear from candidates with knowledge and experience in the areas of cancer, senescence and cellular metabolism.
The role holder requires skill in flow cytometry, metabolic analysis, cell culture and microscopy, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The ethos of the post is directed towards applied research and team working.
In addition to the above, we aim to create an inspirational, inclusive learning and working environment, celebrating the diversity of our University community. At Salford you’ll be encouraged to innovate, be courageous and unstoppable, to ensure we’re all working to a shared goal of delivering a great experience for our students and wider community.
If you would you like to know more about the opportunity please contact, Professor Michael Lisanti, Chair of Translational Medicine, at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full time, fixed term (12 month) opportunity.
What’s in it for you? – the benefits
- Competitive salary – and excellent pension scheme
- Generous annual leave – plus the option to buy additional holiday days
- Flexible working – we support a culture of both flexible and agile working, to help you find the right balance
- Professional development– a comprehensive package of training and development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential
- Sustainable Salford – We embed sustainability in all aspects of university life and have a commitment to becoming NetZero Carbon by 2038
- Our community – there’s a real sense of belonging here at Salford. We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Our difference makes us stronger, and together we share a passion for improving students’ lives
- The perks! MySalford, our online employee portal, offers a wide range of lifestyle benefits and discounts
- Wellbeing Support – dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health, ranging from an Employee Assistance Programme and counselling, to sports and fitness facilities, including discounted gym memberships
- Greater Manchester– Live and work in one of the most vibrant regions in the UK, a hot spot of digital innovation, excellent schools and colleges, and with affordable city, suburban and rural living options to suit a wide range of lifestyle choices.
Our Peel Park campus is unique and offers lots of green spaces. Our MediaCity campus is at the heart of one of the country’s leading digital and media hubs
- Team Salford – By joining us, you can be part of our ambitious journey and help make a real difference to the people and communities we support
However you identify, whatever your journey has been to get here, come and join us at the University of Salford where we are all proud to belong!
At the University of Salford we are committed to an inclusive approach to promoting equality and diversity.