Position Title: Postdoctoral Researcher
Position Location: Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, USA 66045
The Zhao lab, a NBAAD (Neurobiology of Aging and Alzheimer’s Disease) research group, at the University of Kansas School of Pharmacy (https://pharmtox.ku.edu/zhao-lab) is currently seeking a talented and motivated postdoctoral researcher interested in investigating brain resilience mechanisms against neurodegeneration and developing therapeutic approaches for sporadic Alzheimer’s disease. The KU School of Pharmacy, located in the heart of the beautiful and historic Lawrence campus, offers an excellent research environment, and has been consecutively ranked nationally among the top 10 in NIH funding since 2001. Moreover, the KU Alzheimer’s Disease Center (ADC), one of only 33 NIA-designated and funded ADCs in the US, provides additional substantial resources for the pursuit of excellence in AD research and care.
90% – Design and Execution of Experiments
● Performs research activities independently under the supervision of a faculty member
● Generates research reports for preparation of publications or grant applications
● Presents research findings at scientific conferences
10% Laboratory Management
● Trains and supervises graduate and undergraduate students as needed
● Assist in laboratory organization and record keeping
● Other duties as assigned
1. PhD in neuroscience or a related field
2. Highly trained in molecular and cellular biology techniques
1. Experience in neurodegeneration research
2. Demonstrated productivity by publications or other evidence of scholarly achievement
1. Cover Letter including a brief description of past work and research interest
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. One first-author original research publication
4. Names and contact information of three academic references
To apply, please send a single PDF that contains a cover letter, detailed CV, copy of one first-author publication, and names and contact information of three references to Dr. Liqin Zhao at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is immediately available, but applications will continue to be accepted and considered until the position is filled/closed.