Toronto Metropolitan University is seeking a highly motivated and qualified candidate for a post-doctoral researcher position in the areas of climate change, portfolio construction, and artificial intelligence/machine learning. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and interdisciplinary research team and work under the supervision of Professor Alexey Rubtsov, with the aim of advancing our understanding of the complex interplay between climate change and financial market risk.
– Conduct cutting-edge research in the areas of climate change, portfolio construction, and artificial intelligence/machine learning.
– Develop and implement advanced statistical and machine learning models for risk management in the context of climate change.
– Collaborate with the research team and contribute to the development of research proposals and grant applications.
– Disseminate research findings through high-quality publications in leading academic journals and presentations at international conferences.
– Participate in the supervision of undergraduate and graduate students.
– PhD in Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or a related field;
– Strong analytical and quantitative skills with expertise in statistical and machine learning techniques;
– Experience in programming languages such as Python, R, or Matlab;
– Knowledge of financial markets and investment management, with a particular focus on climate change risk;
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Salary Range: C$50-C$55,000 per year
Term: One year with the possibility of renewal, subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
To apply, please submit a CV/resume, copy of academic transcripts and contact information of three referees.
Position advertised until filled.