Highly motivated individuals with a PhD or MD/PhD in relevant area are encouraged to apply. This training position, under the direct supervision of a Cleveland Clinic Principal Investigator will provide practical training and experience in a research setting. This position is appointed through the Lerner Research Institute. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a commitment to research, a collaborative work ethic and strong communication skills, both written and verbal. This program is expected to be completed within 5 years.
Since this position will be funded by the NIH training T32 grant, the applicant should be US citizen or permanent resident
Principal Investigator: Dr. Andrei Ivanov
Lerner Research Institute Department: Inflammation and Immunity
Lab Research Topics:
- Epithelila barrier
- Epithelila junctions
- Mucosal inflammation
- Inflammatory bowel diseases
- Actin cytoskeleton
- For more information about the lab’s research, please contact Dr. Ivanov at email@example.com
- Independent project design with the goal of data generation, analysis, interpretation and manuscript preparation
- Molecular biology work including gene knockout
- Working with intestinal epithelila cells and organoids
- Immunofluorescence labeling and confocal microscopy
- Working with mouse models of colitis
- PhD or MD/PhD required
- MD with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for PhD
- English Proficiency proof required for candidates arriving on J-1, J-2, or F1 + OPT visa status
- Previous experience in a research or academic setting. Graduate student experience meets this requirement.
- Scientific writing experience
Additional Preferred Qualities:
- Standard biochemical techniques, such as western blotting
- Ability for independent work
- Good writing and communicative skills
- Ability to perform work in a stationary position for extended periods
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information
- Ability to distinguish color
- Manual dexterity to handle specimens and repair equipment
- Ability to lift and transport equipment or specimens weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals, bio-hazards, radioactive materials, etc.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- PPE per institutional requirements; may vary by laboratory
Preferred Application Materials:
All application materials should be submitted directly via email to Dr. Ivanov at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CV with list of publications
Keywords: Postdoc, Research, LRI, NIH-funded, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis, Tight junctions, Adherens junctions, Myosin motors, Leaky gut, Intestinal fibrosis
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.