The O’Connell lab studies regulation of intestinal and immune development in the premature infant and neonate. We are seeking a curious and creative postdoctoral fellow or postdoctoral associate to lead a project to advance our investigations into the role of Wnt2b in colonic homeostasis. Pertinent biological components of this project include stem cell function, the colonic predisposition to cancer, and sexual dimorphism in intestinal diseases. An ideal candidate would have experience in intestinal epithelial biology and/or intestinal stem cell biology.
In additional to its scientific aims, our lab also aims to foster a more diverse and inclusive academia. LGBTQIA+, BIPOC, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, as are candidates with disabilities and “first-generation” scientists. We are looking to build our lab group, and as a flagship member of the lab you will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to our lab culture.
· Ph.D. in cell biology, molecular biology, or other highly relevant field (or medical doctorate with relevant research experience)
· Experience with a variety of analytic approaches such as flow cytometry, RNASeq, and immunofluorescence microscopy.
· Ability to work with both human and animal-based models
· R or Python programming expertise is a plus, but not mandatory
· Excellent oral and written English language skills
· History of manuscript productivity
· Strong references
· Preference for working in a highly collaborative, team-based laboratory culture
· Design and implement experimental approaches
· Mastery of the relevant literature and continued monitoring
· Oversight of research assistant(s) in the lab
· Contribute to laboratory meetings
· Be available to give advice/feedback on complimentary projects in the lab
· Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive electronic lab manual
· Prepare manuscripts for publication
· Occasionally present work at conferences and meetings
· Be open to collaborations with other research groups
· Some weekends and off hours may be needed
Insurances: Healthcare (Choice of HMO or PPO), dental, vision, disability, life.
Also options for FSA/HSA contributions and legal plan. Commuter benefits.
Retirement – 403(b) available for personal contributions from time of hire. After 2.5 years of service the hospital makes a 4% contribution annually.
Parental Leave benefits.
Vacation – 20 days paid off per year
Professional development/continuing education – 5 additional days paid off per year
Additional schedule flexibility is available, with approval from PI.