The Neuroscience Department at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a Postdoctoral Associate. We are looking for candidates with expertise in computational neuroscience, advanced imaging and machine learning techniques, and two-photon microscopy data to develop methods for aligning functional and transcriptomic neuroimaging data.
- Creates data analysis pipelines to perform alignment of functional imaging data with transcriptomic information.
- Develops and trains neural network and/or deep learning models for studying functional imaging and transcriptomic data.
- Writes software packages for automated processing and analysis of future data.
- Aids in data analysis for current projects.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Previous experience with neural network modeling and computer vision.
- Previous experience with two-photon microscopy and two-photon imaging data.
- Proficient in Python and Datajoint.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. – Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. – Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. – Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.