About the job
We have an opening for a Postdoctoral Fellow in the de la Fuente Lab at UPenn. The Postdoctoral Fellow will develop computational tools and machine learning methods for the analysis, design, and generation of peptide therapeutics.
Job duties and responsibilities:
· Contribute to transdisciplinary teams including experimentalists and computational biologists.
· Develop computational biology workflows and/or machine learning methods to analyze existing and design new peptides.
· Communicate methods and results to research fellows and partners with diverse expertise and backgrounds.
· Write research articles and grants, prepare graphics, and presentations upon request.
· Proactively mentor and assist other lab members as needed.
- PhD degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics).
- Demonstrated experience with Python or other programming languages (e.g., MATLAB, C++) and analysis of peptide structure and/or sequence data.
- Experience with molecular dynamics preferred.
- Record of achievement, including at least two high-impact first author publications or equivalent.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with at least one deep learning framework for neural networks (e.g., PyTorch; TensorFlow-Keras).
- Public portfolio of computational projects (available on e.g., GitHub).
Diversity & Inclusion
At the de la Fuente Lab, diversity, inclusion and equality are fundamental. Together, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability, our team envisions a workplace where all employees feel valued and respected. We continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members.