The School of Engineering and Technology (SET) at the University of Washington Tacoma (UWT) is seeking to hire a postdoctoral fellow in bioinformatics. This full-time position is expected to work with biomedical collaborators to develop analytical workflows, methods and software tools to analyze biomedical data. This position is also expected to publish journal papers and present findings in scientific meetings. Technical expertise in bioinformatics, data science and programming are strongly desired. Candidates with demonstrated research experience analyzing biomedical data and collaborating with biomedical scientists are desired. This post-doctoral scholar will be working under the supervision of Professor Ka Yee Yeung and Research Assistant Professor Ling-Hong Hung.
Postdoctoral Scholar appointments are initially for 12-months with opportunities to renew. Postdoctoral scholars are represented by UAW 4121 and are subject to the collective bargaining agreement, unless agreed exclusion criteria apply. For more information, please visit the University of Washington Labor Relations website.
- Completed PhD or foreign equivalent in computational or biomedical sciences.
- At least 1 year of research experience in bioinformatics or related disciplines.
- Proficient in programming such as Python, R, bash, or shell scripts.
- Experience writing and publishing manuscript(s) that report original research.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with a team.
Desired (but not required):
- Experience with analytical workflows for sequencing, bioimage and/or other biomedical data.
- Familiarity with cloud computing, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure.
- Technical skills in Linux/Unix, Docker, Jupyter notebooks and/or Git.
- Experience developing open-source software for bioinformatics applications.
- Publication record in journals indexed by PubMed.
Interested candidates should apply via Interfolio with their CV (including a full list of publications), and three reference letters. Questions related to this position are to be directed to Professor Ka Yee Yeung at email@example.com.
Position URL: http://apply.interfolio.com/111863