The postdoc will lead the development of neurophysiological experiment and deep learning modeling for understanding of visual representation and information transformation in the visual cortex.
- Conducts research experiments, including multi-photon imaging and large scale electrophysiology.
- Performs technical laboratory procedures such as Rodent surgeries with aseptic technique.
- Leads the development of neurophysiological experiment and deep learning modeling for understanding of visual representation and information transformation in the visual cortex.
- Designs and performs neurophysiological experiments including two-photon microscopy and Neuropixels in mouse.
- Develops data analysis pipelines and deep learning models of the neurophysiological datasets.
- Helps with the development of Neuropixels recording setup in non-human primates.
- Helps with the development of data pipeline and models for non-human primates.
- Works closely and interact daily with NHP to assist with aspects of their daily routine.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Experience in in vivo two-photon imaging, neural network modeling, designing visual stimulation and experiments, single-unit/multi electrode/laminar recordings preferred.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. – Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. – Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. – Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.