Postdoctoral researcher “Circular City Challenge” Project
This is an exciting opportunity to join a research team working on Responsible Innovation, Value-Sensitive Design, the politics of digitalisation, participatory design. The Post-doctoral researcher will work with the project partners in:
· Designing and carrying out a co-creation process for the Circular City Challenge through research into the circular economy, smart cities and related topics, organising workshops, and consulting stakeholders;
· Ensuring the project operates to the highest ethical standards;
· Help build toolkits for educating young people about the circular economy, sustainability and environmental resilience in urban environments;
· Disseminate the results and findings of the project through academic conferences and publications as well as the project’s social media channels;
· Help to co-ordinate and administer the overall project, including the organization of workshops, conferences and public outreach events;
· Teaching and supervision, especially in the Faculty’s BA programme Digital Society Studies;
· Write and co-author academic publications together with other members of the team;
· Plan and participate in team meetings.
We are looking for candidates who have:
· A completed PhD in the social sciences/humanities, or another field relevant to the project;
· A passion for the environment, urban life, education and the circular economy (or some combination of these!);
· Experience or a strong interest in co-creation and participatory design process;
· Excellent written and spoken command of English;
· A willingness to contribute proactively to the development of the circular city challenge project;
· Good organizational skills;
· Knowledge of other languages relevant: German, Spanish, Romanian (desirable);
· Experience in teaching at the BA or MA level.
Fixed-term contract: 2 years and 2 months.
Starting date: Preferably 1 September 2022
Apply via postal mail