The Department of Pathology and Cell Biology at Columbia University Irvine Medica Center seeks a highly qualified and motivated postdoctoral researcher within the Siegelin lab. The scientist will perform cutting-edge research in the setting of an interdisciplinary, interactive, and highly collaborative international recognized medical center. Genetic, proteomic, metabolic, imaging, as well as bioinformatics cores, are available. Candidates with experience in epigenetics, metabolism, cell death pathways, and related fields are encouraged to apply.
At CUIMC, we stand together because diverse experiences, perspectives, and values enrich every dimension of our work. Join our team and see how your unique skills and experiences can create a real impact by changing lives. The CUMC Dept of Pathology and Cell Biology is a world-class group of investigators that is one of the top-ranked Pathology Departments in the country that provides a supportive and collegial environment with extensive opportunities for professional development and advancement to top tier careers in academia and industry. Its location on the Upper West Side of Manhattan enables access to the multiple sites of interest, culture, and lifestyle in New York City.
– Supervised research training supported by a faculty’s grant or an individual fellowship.
– Design and conduct of experiments related to brain tumor research following established protocols and organization of data.
– Being able to work efficiently in a research team.
– Implementation and development of new or derivative research protocols.
– Summarizing research and preparation for publication in relevant scientific journals as well as presentation at conferences.
The Siegelin lab within the Department of Pathology and Cell Biology is hiring a postdoctoral research scientist to begin immediately. The lab has a significant translational research focus and investigates novel treatments for malignant brain tumors by interrogating tumor cell metabolism, the epigenome and cell death mechanisms.
Recent publications by our group:
1. Nat Commun. 2021 Sep 1;12(1):5203. doi: 10.1038/s41467-021-25501-x.
2. J Clin Invest. 2020 Jul 1;130(7):3699-3716. doi: 10.1172/JCI129049.
3. Nat Commun. 2017 Oct 20;8(1):1067. doi: 10.1038/s41467-017-00984-9.
Minimum Skills Required:
Prior experience in cancer research.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and the contact information of three professional references to the attention of Dr. Markus Siegelin through the Interfolio web link.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran