CyberSecurity Post-Doctoral Fellow Computer Science
University Of Memphis
Posting Details Posting Number FAE1330
Advertised Title CyberSecurity Post-Doctoral Fellow Computer Science Campus Location Main Campus (Memphis, TN) Position Number L22648 Category Full-Time Faculty Department Computer Science Position Summary
The University of Memphis is seeking a nine-month post-doctoral research associate to work on research-driven Cybersecurity projects at the Center for Information Assurance (CfIA) and across different disciplines. A successful candidate is expected to have the following skillsets:
Reverse engineering techniques for malware dissection and analysis
· Familiar with both static and dynamic malware analysis techniques
· Knowledge of low-level programming languages such as C, C++, etc. able to use disassembler and decompiles
· Debugging familiarity (Ex. WinDbg or OllyDbg)
· Ability to perform dynamic analysis using sandboxing environment such as Cuckoo
· Understanding of Windows Internals: Windows Registry, PE Format, Processes/Thread/DLLs, Virtualization, Hooking/Injection mechanisms.
· Knowledge about YARA rules, Ghidra, IDA, Radare, etc.
Minimum Position Qualifications
The candidate is required to have PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. An applicant planning to graduate in Fall 2021 can apply (as ABD with proof of completion of PhD requirement from the Supervisor or Chair).
This position is a limited position of nine months
Posting Date 10/27/2021 Closing Date 02/28/2022 Open Until Screening Begins No Hiring Range competitive Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time: Benefits Eligible Special Instructions to Applicants
Please include a cover letter, vitae, and a minimum of three references. Review of applications will begin on November 4, and may continue until the position is filled, subject to budgetary approvals.
Instructions to Applicant regarding references Is this posting for UofM employees only? No