Postdoctoral Scientist (M/F/D) In The Field Of Chemical Sensory Science
The Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich (Leibniz-LSB@TUM) is a research institution of the Leibniz Association and our research group Taste & Odor Systems Reception is currently looking for a scientist as Postdoctoral Scientist (m/f/d) in the field of chemical sensory science. The position is to be filled on a full-time (100%, TV-L 13) basis for a period of 2 years.
The research group investigates the molecular basis of human taste and odor perception, its impact on food selection and the role of taste and odorant receptors in non-sensory tissues. The open position is devoted to strengthen our activities at the intersection of taste and odor reception. The project involves the use of a well-established cellular assay to identify receptors activated by food-related compounds and to characterize key-features of agonists as well as receptor-specific pharmacological properties. The development of refined as well as novel assays for chemoreceptors will be another task of this project.
Your area of responsibility includes
• Refinement, development and running of cell-based chemoreceptor assays
• Generation of expression constructs, cell lines and intestinal organoids
• Teaching of co-workers, students in laboratory techniques
The ideal applicant has
• A PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related field
• Extensive experience in molecular biological, biochemical and cell biological methods (additional expertise in related areas is highly appreciated)
• Ability to work independently and focused
• Solid German and English communication skills
• Organizational skills and is highly team-oriented