Postdoctoral Associate CY
Dr. Xin M. Luo’s “Gut Microbiota and Immunity” Laboratory at the Department of Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology of the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine at Virginia Tech, is seeking to fill a Postdoctoral Associate position. The successful candidate must have strong immunology background and is expected to work independently to accomplish research projects related to the role of probiotic Lactobacillus spp. in autoimmune lupus.
– PhD or MD/PhD degree in immunology, biological sciences or related field. PhD must be awarded no more than four years prior to the effective date of appointment with a minimum of one year eligibility remaining.
– Experience should include but is not limited to: culturing bacteria both aerobically and anaerobically, animal colony maintenance, tissue histology and immune-labeling, performing cell culture experiments using isolated mouse cells as well as human cells, tissue harvesting and qPCR, Western Blot analysis, flow cytometry, data collection and analysis, and laboratory organization.
– Must be highly self-motivated after initial supervision, willing to learn new experimental skills, and to work individually and collaboratively with a variety of individuals for more than one projects simultaneously.
– Must be proficient in animal studies.
– Excellent scientific writing and manuscript preparation skills.
– Experience with animal handling that includes collections of urine, blood, and feces, data analysis including that of big data (e.g. metabolomics), and data preparation for publication.