加利福尼亚大学洛杉矶分校（University of California, Los Angeles，简称：UCLA） ，是位于美国洛杉矶的公立研究型大学，是环太平洋大学联盟和国际公立大学论坛成员，被誉为“公立常春藤”，入选英国政府“高潜力人才签证计划”。
Dr. Keith Vossel, a Professor of Neurology and Director of the Mary S. Easton Center for Alzheimer’s Research and Care at UCLA, seeks highly motivated applicants interested in a Postdoctoral Scholar position to investigate disease mechanisms in mouse and iPSC-derived models of Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases, as well as human studies. This position offers training in genetic, cell and molecular, proteomic, neural network, and behavior relationships in mouse models of Alzheimer’s disease and opportunities to interface with a translational group bridging bench discoveries with human clinical trials. Dr. Vossel’s laboratory studies the tau protein and mechanisms and novel treatments for epileptic activity and associated memory loss in mouse models of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia with Lewy bodies. The lab also studies novel genetic variants associated with neurodegenerative disease in iPSC-derived models. In tandem, Dr. Vossel’s clinical studies investigate network hyperexcitability in Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, and include hippocampal depth electrode recordings, anti-seizure drug trials, genetics, blood biomarkers, and music-based interventions.
Dr. Vossel has been recognized for excellence in mentoring and has sponsored fellowship awards from the NIH and American Academy of Neurology.
Application link: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF07933
Lab website: https://labs.dgsom.ucla.edu/vossel/pages/
· PhD, MD, or MD/PhD, with concentration in neuroscience or related field
· Strong record of presenting research results through publications and scientific meetings
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
· Experience in iPSC-derived neurons and organoids
· Experience in conducting neurophysiology experiments in mice and humans
· Experience in mouse behavioral assays
· Proficiency in molecular biology, protein-interaction assays, immunochemistry, and primary neuronal culture
· Experience in MATLAB