加利福尼亚大学旧金山分校（University of California, San Francisco），简称UCSF，位于美国加利福尼亚州旧金山， 是美国加利福尼亚大学系统的第二所公立大学，是世界著名的生命科学及医学研究教学中心。
The Chorba Lab works at the intersection of chemistry, biology, and clinical care. We focus on developing new therapeutics and discovering new therapeutic targets in cardiometabolic disease. We are now seeking a highly motivated and dynamic post-doctoral or visiting scholar fellow for our group. The successful post-doc will develop their own project in exploring chemical genetic tools to perturb protein translation in a sequence-specific manner.
There will be additional opportunities to explore and lead other highly collaborative projects, including, but not limited to, the role and druggability of the processing and trafficking pathways of PCSK9 in regulating the LDL receptor, the characterization of CSDE1 as a regulator of LDLR mRNA decay, and developing forward genetics approaches to explore new targets in cardiometabolic disease.
As our work bridges the interface of chemistry and biology, we rely upon developing cutting-edge chemical, biochemical, and genetic tools to pursue our investigations. We are an inclusive and supportive environment and are not afraid to think big.
- The candidate must hold an MD or PhD in chemical biology, chemistry, biochemistry, structural biology, pharmacology, or a related field.
- The candidate must also have a background and/or strong interest in drug or target discovery and be excited to apply their skills to developing new methods of tool and therapeutic development.
- Fluency in the lab’s primary language (English) and strong interpersonal skills with other lab members and university staff are required.
Additional skills and background that will be helpful for success, though not all are required, include:
- Expertise in synthetic or medicinal chemistry
- Expertise in direct evolution
- Expertise in structural biology
- Expertise in visualizing and processing deep sequencing data
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills with a desire for further growth in this area
- The post-doc is expected to work and develop their own independent projects with supervision from the PI.
- The post-doc is also expected to work in collaboration with other researchers and trainees, and may at times be expected to supervise junior staff or trainees.
- Opportunities will include presentations at appropriate conferences, participation in manuscript preparation and publication, and competing for extramural funding.
Interested candidates should email a resume/CV, the contact information for at least two references, and a cover letter directly to the PI at email@example.com.
In the cover letter, please briefly describe your research to date, future research and career goals, and why you believe our lab might be a good fit.