麻省理工学院（Massachusetts Institute of Technology），简称“麻省理工”（MIT），位于美国马萨诸塞州波士顿都市区剑桥市，主校区依查尔斯河而建，是一所世界著名私立研究型大学。
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
AI-based Translational Medical Image Processing – Applications to Intravascular Interventions
We are seeking an individual to apply machine learning algorithms to the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases, working at the intersection of computer science and medical engineering.
The postdoctoral or visiting scholar fellow will lead research within the area of atherosclerotic lesion preparation, using quantitative medical image processing to provide novel insights into the mechanisms of the interventional procedure.
With access to state-of-the-art clinical image data, pre-clinical research facilities, and direct collaboration with leading industry partners and clinicians, the fellow will develop machine learning algorithm to extract morphological and functional changes imposed by the procedure.
Continuation of the project may also involve predictive model generation and coupling of image analysis with patient-specific interventional modelling.
In addition to unique access to medical images and relevant clinical data, the fellow will closely work with a team of medical engineers, clinical interventionalists, and relevant industry leaders.
For the above position, we are looking for：
- Candidates with a completed PhD degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Biomedical Engineering, Machine Learning, or related subject.
- Significant experience in developing and testing deep learning networks is required, and experience in cardiovascular research is a plus.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art architectures and relevant medical image analysis, particularly intravascular modalities is a plus.
- Demonstrated publication record in top-tier journals/conferences is required.
- Mastery of Python/Matlab and expertise with at least one deep learning framework (Tensorflow, PyTorch etchellip) is needed.
- Interest in medical applications and collaborating with medical professionals are pivotal.
This position is in Cambridge, MA, and the postdoctoral or visiting scholar fellow will be appointed at Institute for Medical Engineering and Science, at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
Interested candidates may apply online at https://hr.mit.edu/careers. Please reference job number 20005.
In addition to applying via the MIT website with a cover letter and CV, applicants are asked to send a cover letter, CV, two representative publications, and a list of references via email (with position noted in the subject line) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIT is an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
MIT’s full policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://policies.mit.edu/policies-procedures/90-relations-and-responsibilities-within-mit-community/92-nondiscrimination.