波士顿儿童医院（Boston Children’s Hospital）始于1869年，一家非盈利医疗机构。是全球最好、美国最大的儿童医院，历年全美儿童医院综合排名第一，小儿癌症历年稳居全美第一。除了哈佛医学院，合作伙伴还包括哈佛干细胞研究所、麻省理工学院卫生科学与技术、博德研究所、孤独症联盟和波士顿大学。
The lab of Dr. Kaifu Chen (http://chenlab.openwetware.org/) in the Harvard Medical School at Boston Children’s Hospital is seeking a bioinformatics postdoc for single-cell multi-omics research.
The postdoc or visiting scholar will develop bioinformatics technology for single-cell analysis of gene expression regulation. Experiences with 3D genome, RNA methylation, cardiovascular system, and cancer research are preferred. The lab is productive in recent years in both developmentof bioinformatics methods (Nature Communications2020a, Nature Communications 2020b, Genome Biology 2020, etc.) and biomedical research on the basis ofcutting-edge bioinformatics techniques (Nature 2018, Science 2019, Circulation 2020, Nature Cell Biology 2021, etc).
Both the School and Hospital offer rich and dynamic research environments. The location is embraced by tens of other top institutes such as the Massachusetts General Hospital, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, and Broad Institute.
The position will have salary commensurate with training and experience.
- Develop computational tools, statistical methods, artificial intelligence techniques, machine learning algorithms, and network models to interpret single-cell sequencing data.
- Analyze single cell sequencing data to study cell identity regulation and dysregulation.
- Analyze Hi-C, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, and RNA-seq data to study epigenetic regulation of transcription.
- Analyze high throughput profiling of RNA methylation, RNA binding proteins, and ribosome positioning to study post transcriptional regulation of gene expression.
- Collaborations between bioinformatician, biologist and clinician to leverage research output, innovation, and significance.
- Applicants must have a training in area related to bioinformatics.
- Experiences with algorithm development and analysis of multiple high-dimension datasets will be a strong plus.
- Candidates with a PhD or master’s degree in biology, medicine, genomics, bioinformatics, computer science, electronics engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, or other related area are encouraged to apply.
Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to cultivating a diverse workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, gender identity, color, religion, age, disability, or national origin. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates should send a CV, cover letter or research statement, and information of three references to