哥本哈根大学 （ University of Copenhagen）坐落于丹麦王国首都哥本哈根，是丹麦最高学府，4EU＋联盟、国际研究型大学联盟、欧洲研究型大学联盟、欧洲首都大学联盟、欧洲大学协会成员。大学建于1479年，已有500多年历史，从最初只对社会名流开放，现已发展成一所学科全面、集教育与科研于一身的世界顶尖研究型大学。
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
University of Copenhagen
- Your main task will be to perform viral knockdown of circadian genes in the brains of rats in combination with circadian infusion of hormones by use of programmable micropumps.
- You will subsequently analyse circadian profiles by molecular biological, histological and telemetric techniques.
- In addition, you will perform genetic knockdown and hormone stimulation in primary neuronal cell cultures.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist with the following competencies and experience
Essential experience and skills
- You have a PhD in neuroscience, neuroendocrinology or a related field
- You are experienced in viral gene targeting in rodent in vivo and in vitro model systems
- You have excellent English skills written and spoken
Desirable experience and skills
- You are experienced in molecular biological and histological techniques
- You have an active interest in circadian neurobiology
- You have an excellent track-record of publications in international scientific journals
- You have proficient communication skills and ability to work in teams
Place of employment
The place of employment is at Department of Neuroscience, Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen. We offer creative and stimulating working conditions in a dynamic and international research environment. Our research facilities include modern laboratories and equipment.
Terms of employment
The employment as postdoc is a full time and fixed-term position for 2 years with possibility of extension. Starting date is 25 October 2021 or after agreement.
Salary, pension and terms of employment will be in accordance with the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Currently, the monthly salary starts at 34,800 DKK/ approx. 4,670 Euro (April 2021-level). Depending on qualifications, a supplement may be negotiated. The employer will pay an additional 17.1 % to your pension fund.
Non-Danish and Danish applicants may be eligible for tax reductions, if they hold a PhD degree and have not lived in Denmark the last 10 years.
The position is covered by the “Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff at the Universities” of December 11, 2019.
For further information please contact Professor Martin Fredensborg Rath (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
Your online application must be submitted in English by clicking ‘Apply now’ below. Furthermore, your application must include the following documents/attachments – all in PDF format:
- Motivated letter of application (max. one page).
- CV incl. education, work/research experience, language skills and other skills relevant for the position.
- A certified/signed copy of a) PhD certificate and b) Master of Science certificate (or equivalent). If the PhD is not completed, a written statement from the supervisor will do.
- List of publications.
Application deadline: 22 August 2021, 23.59pm CET
We reserve the right not to consider material received after the deadline, and not to consider applications that do not live up to the abovementioned requirements.
The further process
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the hiring committee.
All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment by an unbiased assessor. Once the assessment work has been completed each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself.
Interviews will be held in week 37.
You can read about the recruitment process at http://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
Apply for position
University of Copenhagen wish to reflect the diversity of society and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation. Appointment will be based on merit alone.