帝国理工学院（Imperial College London），直译为伦敦帝国学院，全称为帝国科学、技术与医学学院（Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine），简称帝国理工（IC），世界顶尖公立研究型大学，在国际学术界有着顶级声望，是世界最具创新力的大学之一。
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified applicant to join the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics as a Research Associate in Epidemiology and Biostatistics. The post is funded by a Cancer Research UK Project grant awarded to Dr David Muller to investigate aspects of inflammation and immune response and risk of renal cell carcinoma.
Duties of the post will include analysis of high-dimension proteomics data, and development, implementation, evaluation, and application of statistical causal mediation models.
You will benefit from joining a strong, international collaborative working group, and access to data from large prospective cohort studies. We are looking to appoint an individual with a background in molecular epidemiology, with strong skills and experience in biostatistics and epidemiological methods.
The post offers a unique opportunity to gain in-depth experience of analysing proteomic data within population cohorts, as well as implementing sophisticated statistical models mediation analyses of cancer risk and prognosis.
You will collaborate closely with epidemiologists, biostatisticians, and other scientists both within the department and more broadly within the collaborative working group. The post is ideally suited for candidates who hold or expect to hold a PhD in biostatistics, epidemiology, or a closely aligned quantitative field.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary research team
- You will conduct and interpret data analysis, and prepare suitable summary outputs of the analysis while maintaining accurate and complete records of all work and findings
- You will present findings to colleagues and at relevant workshops and conferences and write reports for submission to research sponsors
- You will draft and submit publications of the findings to suitable refereed journals
- PhD degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or a closely related quantitative discipline, or equivalent professional experience and expertise
- Experience in handling (big) datasets from epidemiological studies, including molecular / genetic data
- A thorough understanding of applied and emerging statistical methods in the context of molecular epidemiology and observational studies
- A good understanding of statistical methods for mediation analysis
- Experience of programming in statistical packages (e.g. R)
- Experience of writing and preparing manuscripts for publication
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of epidemiological study design
The contract is full time and fixed term until 30 June 2024 (with the possibility of extension if funding is available).
Candidates who have not yet been officially awarded their PhD will be appointed as a Research Assistant within the salary range £36,045 – £39,183 per annum.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact Dr David Muller: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply https://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/description/MED02499/research-associate-epidemiology-and-biostatistics