南洋理工大学（Nanyang Technological University），简称南大（NTU），是新加坡的一所世界著名研究型大学。南大是环太平洋大学联盟、全球大学校长论坛、新工科教育国际联盟成员，全球高校人工智能学术联盟创始成员、AACSB认证成员、国际事务专业学院协会（APSIA）成员，也是国际科技大学联盟的发起成员。
A Project Officer / Research Associate position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Sing Yian CHEW at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, to a highly motivated candidate who has a passion for assisting and conducting in vivo scaffold implantation studies and tissue engineering research.
The project focuses on understanding the roles of myelination and tissue engineering in in vivo nerve regeneration.
The candidate will be trained in the respective animal models, although prior experience is a plus.
This position offers a unique opportunity to apply in vivo experimental skills to tissue engineering through strong collaborative efforts with scientists and engineers across different local and overseas academic institutes.
- Mice procedures and surgery (e.g. spinal cord injury model)
- Mice breeding and genotyping
- Reagent preparation and routine laboratory housekeeping to support postdoc and students’ experiments
- Support research ethics and lab safety related administration
- Other ad-hoc duties
- Provide support and report regularly to PI
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (for associate level) or equivalent in any relevant field of neuroscience, cellular/molecular biology, or biochemistry.
- Applicants should be proficient in aseptic laboratory practices, in particular surgical techniques.
- Applicants certified through Responsible Care and Use of Laboratory Animals (RCULA) course will have an advantageous edge.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant research lab experience
- Seeking for self-motivated individual with an inquisitive mind and good analytical skills.
- Be able to work independently, as well as collaborate effectively with a diverse and interdisciplinary team.
We will provide exciting opportunities and vibrant atmospheres, as well as state-of-the-art core facilities. Excited and motivated individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested to pursue a career with the School, please attach your CV, cover letter and two reference letters to Dr. Sing Yian CHEW: firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Review of applicants will continue until position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.