南洋理工大学（Nanyang Technological University），简称南大（NTU），是新加坡的一所世界著名研究型大学。南大是环太平洋大学联盟、全球大学校长论坛、新工科教育国际联盟成员，全球高校人工智能学术联盟创始成员、AACSB认证成员、国际事务专业学院协会（APSIA）成员，也是国际科技大学联盟的发起成员。
A Postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Sing Yian CHEW at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, to a highly motivated candidate who has a passion for conducting in vivo scaffold implantation studies and tissue engineering research.
The focus of this project is to evaluate cell transplantation and tissue engineered scaffolds for in vivo tissue regeneration. We are seeking an individual who is highly interested and passionate in working with animals (e.g. rats), conducting microsurgery animal implantation studies, as well as carrying out behavioral tests; and characterizing/evaluating scaffold-cell/tissue interactions through immunofluorescent and histochemical staining and imaging.
The candidate will be trained in the respective animal models, although prior experience is a plus.
This position offers a unique opportunity to apply in vivo experimental skills to tissue engineering through strong collaborative efforts with scientists and engineers across different local and overseas academic institutes (CNRS, A*Star, SMART, University of Cambridge).
The candidate will be given opportunities and is expected to design and execute experiments independently. The candidate is also expected to interpret experimental results, and author papers in high-quality journals in areas that are related to the research. The candidate should demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a strong passion and commitment to science. The candidate will also work closely with the Principal Investigator to help supervise and train junior lab members and ensure smooth functioning of an active research program. The candidate will have the opportunity to explore their own interests across functions.
- Ph.D. /M.D. level scientist proficient in tissue engineering.
- Prior experience in neural tissue regeneration is a plus.
- Strong interest in microsurgery and scaffold implantation in rodent models, immunofluorescent and histochemical staining of tissues, evaluation of tissue response/interactions using fluorescent microscopy (confocal) imaging.
- Prior experience in animal implantation studies is a plus.
- Interest in functional and behavioral tests in rodents.
- Expertise in western blotting, quantitative RT-PCR, in situ hybridization is a plus.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form, and experienced in writing manuscripts.
- Strong ability to perform independent, self-directed work.
- Strong organizational skills and proactive personality with outstanding motivation, creativity, critical and analytical thinking skills, strong scientific commitment and ability to work as a team.
Review of applicants will continue until position is filled. Applicants should submit a cover letter indicating their area of interest and how they intend to participate and contribute to the research, complete curriculum vitae and addresses of three references to Dr. Sing Yian CHEW: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.