南洋理工大学（Nanyang Technological University），简称南大（NTU），是新加坡的一所世界著名研究型大学。南大是环太平洋大学联盟、全球大学校长论坛、新工科教育国际联盟成员，全球高校人工智能学术联盟创始成员、AACSB认证成员、国际事务专业学院协会（APSIA）成员，也是国际科技大学联盟的发起成员。
A Postdoctoral or visiting scholar position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Sing Yian CHEW at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, to a highly motivated candidate who has a passion for tissue engineering, scaffold design and drug/gene delivery research.
The focus of this project is to design tissue scaffolds to impart topographical signals and sustained drug/gene delivery to direct cell fate and soft tissue regeneration.
We are seeking an individual who is interested in designing, 3D-printing and characterizing novel biodegradable, biocompatible tissue scaffolds with controlled drug/ gene delivery capabilities to direct cell response and soft tissue regeneration, characterizing scaffold-cell/tissue interactions, engineering factors that control the rate and extent of drug/gene delivery and scaffold degradation.
This position offers a unique opportunity to apply tissue scaffold engineering and controlled drug/gene delivery skills to soft tissue engineering and stem cell engineering, through strong collaborative efforts with multiple local and overseas academic institutes.
- Design and characterize novel biodegradable, biocompatible materials and tissue scaffolds with controlled drug/gene delivery capabilities for soft tissue engineering & stem cell engineering.
- Design, optimize and fabricate tissue scaffolds (e.g. hydrogels, injectable scaffolds, electrospinning, 3D printing)
- Characterize scaffold properties: physical, chemical characteristics, drug/gene release kinetics, cell/tissue interactions, etc.
- Design and execute experiments independently.
- Expected to interpret experimental results, and author papers in high-quality journals in areas that are related to the research.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a strong passion and commitment to science.
- Work closely with the Principal Investigator to help supervise and train junior lab members and to ensure smooth functioning of an active research program.
- Expected to work in a collaborative inter-institute environment.
- The candidate will have the opportunity to explore his/her own interests across functions.
- Ph.D. level scientist with relevant background and experience.
- Published experience in biomaterials scaffold design, fabrication and characterization, controlled drug/gene delivery design and characterization.
- Evaluation of cellular response/interactions/functionality with scaffolds using western blotting, immunostaining, qPCR, fluorescent microscopy (confocal) imaging, functional assays.
- Experience in 3D printing is a plus.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively orally and in written form.
- Strong ability to perform independent, self-directed work.
- Strong organizational skills and proactive personality with outstanding motivation, creativity, critical and analytical thinking skills, strong scientific commitment and ability to work as a team.
Review of applicants will continue until position is filled.
Applicants should submit a cover letter indicating their area of interest and how they intend to participate and contribute to the research, complete curriculum vitae and addresses of three references to Dr. Sing Yian CHEW: email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.