加州大学洛杉矶分校是美国著名的公立大学（2021 US News排名全球最佳大学第13名，神经科学全球第11名，附属医院全美第4名）。洛杉矶学术氛围浓厚，其所在地区有包括加州理工，南加州大学，西达赛奈医疗中心在内的多所著名学府和医疗机构。同时，洛杉矶气候宜人，四季如春，常年晴朗，有着美丽的海岸线和著名影视之都好莱坞，是既能享受生活又适合学术交流和发展的地方。
Dr. Peng Chao joined UCLA in January 2020 as Tenure Track Assistant Professor. From 2013 to 2019, Dr. Peng studied under the world’s leading experts on neurodegenerative diseases Virginia Lee (Academician of the American Academy of Medical Sciences, Academician of the Academy of inventor, and winner of the Breakthrough Award for Science) and John Trojanowski (Academician of the American Academy of Medical Sciences, Academician of the Academy of Arts and Sciences, Director of the Institute on Aging at the University of Pennsylvania), completed his postdoctoral training.
Dr. Peng focuses on the molecular mechanism of the occurrence and development of a variety of neurodegenerative diseases, including Parkinson’s disease, multi-system atrophy, Alzheimer’s disease, etc. Dr. Peng has revealed the origin of disease diversity from a unique perspective and established a new generation of disease models. As the first author, he has published high-quality papers in top journals such as Nature and Nature Reviews Neurology.
Lab website: https://penglab.dgsom.ucla.edu/pages/
This research group is dedicated to the study of the pathogenesis and development of a variety of neurodegenerative diseases including Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Lewy body dementia, multi-system atrophy, etc.
Using the latest generation of mice and the cell model, the integrated use of proteomics, many transcription omics, genetics and other methods, relying on the UCLA pathological samples the following problems:
(1) for the research of systemic misfolded proteins (such as: alpha Synuclein) on molecular mechanism of amplification in the neural network, including the molecular mechanisms of nerve and the nerve cells participate in.
(2) The influence of misfolded proteins on nervous system function.
(3) To block or reverse the methods of protein misfolding and amplification, and screen potential drug targets.
(4) Other biological problems related to the occurrence and development of neurodegenerative diseases.
Recruitment Number and Responsibilities:
- Due to the development and expansion of the laboratory, we are looking for 1-2 postdocs to independently carry out research projects and assist in the application of research projects.
- At the same time, students and visiting scholars who are passionate about scientific research and life are also welcome.
- Have obtained or will obtain a doctorate degree, and have published papers as the first author in important academic journals.
- Work hard, love scientific research, have academic ideals, and have a rigorous attitude towards scientific research and team spirit.
- Good English communication and writing skills.
- Candidates with relevant research experience in neurobiology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, protein purification are preferred.
At the same time, we welcome other candidates with strong interest in laboratory research with biological and medical background.
Laboratory and college will provide first-class scientific research environment, equipped with professional facilities, a strong core laboratory technical support, rich communication group learning opportunities, competitive compensation package, relaxed and happy, positive, cooperative and win-win scientific research atmosphere, and will fully support lab members of professional development.
Please send my resume, the name of the referees and other electronic documents to email@example.com as a PDF file.
The subject of the email should be “Applicant Position + Name + Graduate School”. Interviews will be arranged as soon as possible.