纽约大学（New York University，简称NYU，建立于1831年，是一所位于美国纽约市的世界顶尖私立研究型大学，全美办学规模最大的私立名校之一，同时在伦敦、马德里、悉尼、柏林、巴黎等地共设立11个全球学术中心。该校系美国大学协会成员，被誉为新常春藤，纽约大学与哈佛大学、斯坦福大学等一同名列普林斯顿评论全美学子十大梦校 。
Research Scientist, Lab Manager Position in Synthetic Biology Lab focused on Epigenetic Editing
A Research Scientist/Lab Manager position is available in the Noyes lab (www.noyeslab.com). We have novel technologies focused on reprogramming transcription factors for epigenetic editing and need to expand our team. This position will focus on the execution of common high throughput assay for systems and synthetic biology.
These assays include ChIP-Seq, Guide-Seq, RNA-Seq and their derivatives. In addition, lab management duties will be required including the management of orders for the lab and basic training for new members of the lab.
Clear communication skills and the ability to work independently within the scientific framework of the PI’s laboratory are critical.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform high throughput assays including ChIP-Seq, Guide-Seq and RNA-Seq to test novel proteins engineered by the lab.
- Training new students from the undergraduate to postdoc level on these and other fundamental lab techniques.
- Maintaining the orders for the lab.
- Makes decisions and recommendations that have a major impact on extensive scientific research activities. Develops new ideas that promote current research.
- Exercises a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive scientific research programs and activities of outstanding novelty and/or importance.
- Will be responsible research/lab quality control and compliance.
- Will make significant contributions to scientific papers. Is a resource/ author/ co-author for reports and presentations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The position requires a PhD or 5+ years of appropriate experience.
- The ability to communicate clearly in writing, as well as verbally with a diverse set of collaborators, is a must.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV.
Application materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will be commensurate with fit and experience.
EOE including Disabled and Vets VEVRAA Federal Contractor
NYU Grossman School of Medicine
Institute for Systems Genetics
435 East 30th Street, 9th floor, New York, NY 10016