亚利桑那大学（University of Arizona），简称UA，始建于1885年，是该州的旗舰公立大学和第一所综合大学，世界一流的研究型大学，负有盛名的美国“公立常青藤”大学之一。该校的天文、地质、地理、土建等学科有着雄厚的科研实力，而人类学、社会学、哲学、法学、工程学、生命科学也在美国名列前茅。亚利桑那大学也是北美顶尖研究型大学联盟美国大学协会（AAU）的65所成员校之一。
The University of Arizona is accepting applications for Postdoctoral or visiting scholar Research Associate, in the laboratory of Jun Wang, PhD, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology within the College of Pharmacy.
The Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology is committed to academic excellence and to the attainment of regional, national, and international recognition for the quality of its educational research and service activities.
The successful candidate will work on the NIH funded projects in antiviral research.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work- life programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop biochemical and cell-based assays for various drug targets.
- Perform high-throughput screening and structure-based drug design.
- Study the mechanism of action and mechanism of resistance of antivirals.
- Creativity develop, plan, execute, and publish research relevant to the project.
- Participate fully as a lab team member.
- Assist in supervision of research activities and methodological teaching of graduate and undergraduate students.
- Assist in preparation of grants, manuscripts and conference presentations.
- PhD, MD, or DVM in field appropriate to the research area.
- Knowledge of molecular cloning, protein expression, imaging, structural biology, immunology, virology, and mouse models.
- Previous experience in virology is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in animal models is preferred, but not required.
- Expertise in in vitro and in vivo pharmacokinetic studies, drug formulation, and delivery is preferred, but not required.
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Jun Wang | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community.
As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies.
Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.