得克萨斯大学奥斯汀分校（University of Texas at Austin），简称UT-Austin，是得克萨斯大学系统的旗舰校区，位于美国得克萨斯州首府奥斯汀市。是一所世界著名的顶尖公立研究型大学，也是全美最负盛名的“公立常春藤”最初八所院校之一。得克萨斯大学系统是全美受捐赠数额第二大的教育机构，累计超过310亿美元，仅次于哈佛大学。
Prof. Maria Croyle, is hiring new post-doc or visiting scholar for her lab to work on projects involving our thin film technology. This is a great opportunity for any recent life science who have experience or are looking to get involved in translational biomaterials research.
A position is available immediately within the laboratory of Dr. Maria Croyle at the University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy.
The successful applicant will participate in an interdisciplinary and collaborative research program focused on vaccine development.
The successful applicant will participate in the development of methods for thermostabilization of vaccines and biological drugs and delivery through needle-free platforms.
This position also offers training for potential transition into a growing biotechnology industry in Texas and throughout the United States.
The focus of this position is to evaluate the physical and chemical properties of a panel of vaccines and biologic drugs and design strategies for maintain potency during storage at ambient and elevated temperatures.
A secondary focus will be the evaluation of the performance of stabilized biologics after administration in a needle free manner.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for interacting with industrial and academic collaborators with respect to experimental design and dissemination of results and preparations of test materials.
They will work in a team environment and execute well-controlled scientific experiments. Specific responsibilities include planning, designing, completing and troubleshooting experiments.
The candidate will be expected to adapt or modify experimental methods to establish specifications, and to prepare technical summaries for use in proposals, protocols, presentation at internal and national meetings, and publication of research papers.
The candidate will be expected to make and record detailed observations, and maintain a complete and thorough laboratory notebook.
Strong quantitative analytical skills are required, as well as the ability to interpret and summarize complex scientific data in a clear and concise manner.
Strong communication skills are essential, along with excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize/manage multiple, changing projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design experimental protocols to analyze and characterize formulations and payload stability
- Optimize formulations, as needed, for therapeutic payload some of which are Biosafety II agents
- Perform In Vivo studies in small animal models
- Perform experiments in a timely fashion by agreed-upon deadlines
- Report weekly R&D progress in weekly lab meetings and with remote collaborators
- Publish novel research in collaboration with clients/partners in high quality peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Provide support in writing and the preparation of grant applications (NIH, NSF, DOD etc.).
- Perform other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- A post-PhD or visiting scholar in Materials Science, Bioengineering, Drug Delivery, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology, or other related life sciences is required.
- 0-2 years post-PhD research experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to diverse interdisciplinary research projects is required.
- Superior time management skills and ability to multitask between different research projects is required.
- Excelled interpersonal and communication skills and documentation practices are a must.
- Experience in aseptic technique, working under BSL II conditions, and animal work a plus.
If you are interested, please send your resume firstname.lastname@example.org