POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE at Boston University, Department of Mechanical Engineering.
We are looking for a post-doctoral associate to work on a project that aims to replicate neurotransmission using a novel chemical releasing platform. The position is in Prof. Chuanhua Duan’s Group at BU Mechanical Engineering Department. General information about the group is available at www.bu.edu/neft.
• PhD degree in Biology/Chemistry/Engineering/Physics or a related field.
• Strong experimental skills in neuron/cell culturing and imaging .
• Some experience with surface chemistry/functionalization highly desirable.
• Familiarity with micro/nanofluidics desirable.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Design and conduct experiments replicating neurotransmission
• Collect, summarize, and analyze data.
• Prepare biological samples in a cell culture lab.
• Collaborate with PhD students working in the same project.
• Design and Fabricate micro/nanofluidic devices in the cleanroom.
• Present results at conferences and publish manuscripts.
• Assist the PI to prepare proposals.
Please send an email to email@example.com and include the following: (a) a cover letter, (b) a current CV and (c) contact information for three scientists familiar with your work. The initial appointment is for one year with the possibility of renewal on a yearly basis.