Postdoc Position (M/F/X) In Accounting
Technische Universität München
Founded in 2002, TUM School of Management is part of TUM, one of the leading technical universities in the world. TUM was one of the first universities in Germany to be named a University of Excellence. With its strong research environment and close ties to industry, the school constantly scores well in research and practitioner rakings. The TUM Campus Heilbronn is a dynamic setting whose goal is to achieve excellence in research, teaching, and societal impact.
We offer …
• young researchers the possibility to advance their personality and to position themselves in the research community,
• a flexible, open, and research-focused working approach and freedom to conduct own open-minded original research embedded in the interdisciplinary environment of the TUM School of Management and the TUM Campus Heilbronn,
• an active research environment, a broad variety of cooperation opportunities, access to all major databases in the field of finance and accounting, and financial, personal, and administrative support of all activities,
• the opportunity to self-develop normative and research-oriented teaching formats on all levels, and
• the possibility to improve own competences to effectively communicate and discuss research outcomes, to acquire extramural funding, and to cooperate with the hidden champions of the Heilbronn-Franken region.
We look for a team player with …
• open-minded thinking about global economic, environmental, and societal challenges,
• completed doctoral degree (or close to completion) in accounting or in closely related subjects,
• outstanding research skills proved by a publication in a leading scientific journal in the broader field of accounting (i.e., publication in a FT 50 journal and/or in an ”A” journal of the VHB Jourqual list),
• international research experience (i.e., research stay of several months at a foreign university),
• excellent competences in empirical research methods and skills in standard software packages (e.g., STATA), and
• proved oral and written communication skills in English. German skills are highly welcome but not a must.
Application For your application, please send a (1) one-page cover letter, (2) one- page tabular CV, (3) relevant university and practitioner certificates, and (4) copies of two major research publications (e.g., working papers or articles in scientific journals with publication details) to email@example.com. Please submit your application via email in one single pdf document or by post to: Technical University of Munich, TUM Campus Heilbronn, Lena Vorsatz, Bildungscampus 9, 74076 Heilbronn. In the case of postal applications, please submit copies only, as we are unfortunately unable to return your application documents once the procedure has been completed. The closing date for applications is January 31, 2022. For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Michael Stich (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Kontakt: Prof. Dr. Michael Stich (email@example.com)