Postdoctoral Researcher or Senior Researcher (Fellow) to biomedical, clinical or translational research / InFLAMES Flagship (max. 5 positions)
University of Turku Research Flagship InFLAMES: Innovation Ecosystem based on the Immune System, funded by the Academy of Finland, is seeking a maximum of five (5) ambitious Postdoctoral Researchers or Senior Researchers. A successful candidate can be appointed to a position of a Senior Researcher Fellow, too, depending on the individual qualifications of the applicant. The qualification requirements are stated in the University of Turku Rules of Procedure.
· The field of research should be immunology, immunology-based drug development and/or diagnostics (including clinical or translational research).
· On the request of the employee the position of a clinically oriented researcher can be part-time (20-60%) or full-time periodically because of e.g. clinical work.
About the research environment
University of Turku is an international and multidisciplinary research and teaching unit which works in close collaboration with regional, national and international partners. One of its research strength areas is Health, diagnostics and drug development.
The InFLAMES Flagship is a joint effort of University of Turku, Åbo Akademi University and the associated ecosystem. It aims at being an internationally recognized, top-level, immunological research and development cluster attracting both researchers and business partners. It will produce break-through knowledge on immunological principles and diseases. The Flagship also aims to provide novel discoveries which lead to improved diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory disorders. Innovations, internationally recognized scientists, an extensive state-of-the-art research infrastructure and intensive academy–industry interactions form the foundation of the InFLAMES Flagship research.
The positions will be seated at the Faculty of Medicine any relevant Department or Institute, Faculty of Technology (Department of Life Technologies – Biotechnology) or at one of the dedicated research centres, Turku Bioscience Centre or Turku PET Centre.
· Conduct scientific research related to Flagship’s research profile (please see https://inflames.utu.fi/)
· PhD in medicine, life sciences or other relevant discipline
· Doctoral degree must have been completed by the end of the application period, but no more than approx. five years before the submission deadline for applications. (Not included in the net period of five years are maternity leaves, parental leaves, military service, etc.)
· Research experience in immunology / immunology-based drug development and/or diagnostics (incl. relevant methodology).
· A successful candidate should be in touch with an InFLAMES researcher at the University of Turku and s/he is expected to be able to join an existing research group(s) or to work under the supervision of a senior researcher(s) (https://inflames.utu.fi/inflames-researchers/).
· Outstanding potential and established excellence in research
· Activity in applying for external research funding
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication in English
· A link to a joint project of two InFLAMES researchers/research groups.
· Particular attention will be paid to candidates’ international research experience.
· Other academic achievements/merits in addition to the doctoral degree.
· The salary offered is determined in accordance with the University salary system for teaching and research personnel levels 5-7 on the job demands chart, where the task specific salary component is 3000-4033 € per month.
· In addition a personal work performance component will be paid. The personal performance component is 6% – 50% of the task-specific base salary. The personal component for a new person is usually max. 19% resulting in a total salary of about 3570-4800 € per month depending on the job demand level.
· A six (6) month trial period applies to the positions.
Duration of the contract
· The successful applicant is expected to start as soon as possible.
· The position is fixed-term until max 31 December 2024.
What to do next
· Applications must be submitted on 30 September 2021 at the latest (23.59.59Finnish time) via the University of Turku electronic application form. The link to the electronic application system is located at the beginning of the announcement at utu.fi/careers (ID11746) (Apply for the job).
· In your application, please include a personal statement or motivation letter containing a description of your scientific background, your research interests and research plan, and how these relate to research conducted at the InFLAMES Flagship (max. 3 pages), a CV (max. 2 pages), degree certificates and a list of publications with impact factors.
· The top candidates will be interviewed.
For further information about the positions, please contact Director of the InFLAMES Flagship, Professor Sirpa Jalkanen (email@example.com).
Regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Specialist Kristiina Nuutila (firstname.lastname@example.org), Tel. +358 503135224
The University of Turku is a responsible employer and educator and follows The Equality Plan of the University of Turku approved by the University Board. The European Commission has awarded the University of Turku the right to use the HR Excellence in Research logo. The logo is a token of the University’s commitment to continuous development of the position and working conditions of researchers according to the guidelines set forth in the European Charter for Researchers.芬兰图尔库大学生物医学、临床或转化研究博士后项目