The Uppaluri lab in the Department of Medical Oncology at Dana Farber Cancer Institute is seeking an intelligent, creative, and collegial post-doctoral research fellow to join our group.
We perform pre-clinical mouse modeling and human translational work towards identifying and targeting genomic and immunologic dependencies to improve patient outcomes. Our group has expertise in carcinogen induced oral cancer models and in performing first in class immune and small molecule therapeutic clinical trials.
Based on recent NIH funding (IOTN U01 grant), the main focus of this postdoc position is to define the resistance mechanisms to immunotherapy (antiPD1) and targeted therapy in head and neck cancers using basic and translational approaches.
Research areas in our lab include cancer genome discovery, investigation of tumor microenvironment and T cell biology using high-dimensional methodologies (scRNAseq, mass cytometry, etc.), development of novel oncogene-inducible and carcinogen-based oral cancer models and analysis of patient samples from ongoing clinical trials to define new biology and therapeutic targeting strategies.
We are a highly collaborative group and interact closely with cancer biologists, clinicians, and computational biologists to comprehensively understand head and neck cancer related biology.
Specific responsibilities include
- Designing and executing in vitro and in vivo experiments
- Processing and analysis of patient-derived tissues
- Conducting data analysis and interpreting results
- Maintaining accurate records, writing reports, and preparing and giving presentations
- Contributing to the overall laboratory safety, organization and productivity
- Together，above is focused on generating impactful peer-reviewed research articles
- Writing for grant opportunities
- Ph.D in molecular biology, immunology or equivalent, Immunology background is highly desired,not required.
- Enthusiastic,team player,and self-motivated individual
- Experience with both cell culture and mouse disease modeling. Hands-on experience in immunologic assays including FACS, molecular biology techniques including CRISPR based approaches,
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Peer-reviewed publication track record