西北大学（Northwestern University），创立于1851年，坐落于美国伊利诺伊州东北部城市埃文斯顿，是一所享誉世界的顶尖私立研究型大学，十大联盟创始成员和美国大学协会成员。西北大学位列2020U.S. News美国最佳大学排名第9位；位列CWUR世界大学排名第15位；位列2020THE世界大学排名第22位，位列2020自然指数世界排名25位。
The Kahnt Lab at Northwestern University (labs.feinberg.northwestern.edu/kahnt/) is looking to fill an open position.
The ideal candidate will be team-oriented, self-driven, and brings a unique perspective and background to the lab.
We study the neural systems that support learning, decision making, and olfaction in humans.
Experimental techniques include functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), diffusion MRI (dMRI), olfactory psychophysics, and transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS).
We utilize advanced data analysis techniques including multi-voxel pattern analysis (MVPA) and encoding models, and we link behavioral and neural data using computational modeling.
Our research also aims to better understand the neural basis of behavioral deficits in neuropsychiatric conditions, including substance use disorder and dementia.
The Kahnt Lab is a multidisciplinary team working on a variety of questions using cutting-edge cognitive neuroscience techniques.
We value curiosity, creativity, and open-mindedness. We also seek to provide opportunities for professional growth and support individual career development.
• Conceptualization and design of research projects in healthy adults and clinical populations
• Project execution and data collection involving fMRI, dMRI and TMS
• Analysis of behavioral and imaging data
• Communication of research results in the form of manuscripts, abstracts, and conference presentations
• Co-mentoring undergraduate or rotation students Required Qualifications
• PhD or visiting scholar in neuroscience, psychology, biomedical engineering, or related field
• Strong motivation to study learning, decision making and olfaction in humans
• Extensive experience with at least one of the following methods: fMRI, dMRI, TMS
• Extensive experience with statistical data analysis
• At least intermediate skills in one of the following languages: Matlab, Python, R
• Demonstrated skills in scientific publishing and presentation
The earliest start date for this position is September 1, 2020.
Please send your application package (personal statement, CV, 1-3 selected publications) as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.