The Hu Lab in the Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, and UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, is seeking the highly motivated and skilled candidates who have a solid either in biochemistry and cancer biology.
The Hu Lab (http://www.neurosurgery.pitt.edu/research/brain-tumor-evolution-therapy-lab) is interested in the genetic and epigenetic mechanisms
Our well-funded and diverse laboratory are an energetic and motivating environment for scientific growth with aim to adopt the independent careers.
Candidates will be encouraged to develop their own ideas in a fun and collaborative setting.
involved in the evolution of brain tumors,including:
1) Creating various sophisticated models to understand tumor development,progression and treatment resistance.
2) Elucidating cancer-cell-intrinsic signaling communicating with tumor microenvironment.
3) Illuminating mechanisms governing cancer cells invasion and dissemination in brain.
• PhD/MD. with a background in cancer genomics, epigenetics, cancer biology or immunology. Capable of working independently with appropriate supervision on assigned projects as well as in a team.
• Strong written and verbal skills in English are essential. Individuals with experience in immunology, epigenetics, or brain tumor biology will be given preference.
• Experience in murine cancer models is a plus.
• Experience with bioinformatics or immunology is preferred, but not necessary.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with good organizational and analytical abilities.
• Motivated to pursue postdoctoral training required for a future independent academic career.
Candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply.
Please email a detailed CV, cover letter and contact information for 3 references to Dr. Baoli Hu (email@example.com).