Wu Lang’s research team at the Cancer Center of the University of Hawaii recruits postdoctoral students, doctoral students, visiting students or visiting scholars, etc. Our main research directions are genetic epidemiology, molecular epidemiology, and multi-omics suchs genomics, Transcriptomics, Epigenomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics, etc. as well as nutritional epidemiology.
Our work mainly uses epidemiological resources and data (such as Coherent Studies and Case-Control Studies) and the large international cancer consortia. Our existing work has been published in high-level journals in the field (e.g., NatGenet, 2018. PMID: 29915430) and was frequently selected as an oral report of academic conferences in the field (e.g., AACR and ASHG). PI graduated from the Biology Department of Wuhan University and received his PhD in Mayo ClinicCollege of Medicine in the United States. After that, he completed postdoctoral training in oncology and genetic epidemiology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Currently, he works as Assistant Professor in the Department of Oncology and Epidemiology at University ofHawaii Cancer Center. PI also won nihk99/r00pathway to independence award.
The University of Hawaii is known as the Leading Research Institute in the field of oncology. For example, together with the University of Southern California, the University of Hawaii is Home of the Multiethnic Coherent Study (MEC). MEC is a 25-year, 215,000-person program. A large cohort study on five different ethnic/ethnic populations (Japanese Americans, Latinos, Whites, African Americans and NativeHawaiians). MEC has become a unique research in the existing queue with its ethnic diversity and presentation of minority populations. With the richscientific environment, there are multiple unique research trainingopportunities, such as research seminars given by leaders in the field,opportunities for collaborations nationally and internationally, We are also committed to providing as much help as possible to the career and scientific research development of the members of the group.
○ Has or will have a PhD in epidemiology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, genetics and other related fields.
○ Strong programmingskill (such as R or Python or Perl), already familiar with or able to quickly master the operation of Linux/Unix system
○ With good statistics and background of ESPECIALLY for Machine Learning and/or Deep Learning, it is better to have some experience in data analysis of Omics Data (E.G., Genomics, RNA-SEQ, Epigenomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics, etc.)
○ Have some experience in writing English papers Self-motivated, able to think and solve problems relatively independently
○ Strong ability to learn new knowledge and skills Positions canbe started immediately。 Postdoctoral salaries will be based on NIH salary scale, and benefits will be based on school standards. Please contact our email email@example.com
Meanwhile, for visiting students/scholars who are interested in joining us, they are also welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for consultation. Thank you