The Pq Laboratory of Micro/Nano BiomeDx at Binghamton University, State University of New York has one open position. The Pq Lab aims to develop innovative micro/nano technologies/assays which can be
(1) translated into clinical use to make important changes in healthcare practice, and
(2) used to study fundamental medical/biological questions to elucidate and eventually treat human diseases. The research is highly multidisciplinary, interfacing at engineering, biological sciences, physical sciences, and medicine.
We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral scholar to develop advanced biomaterials for cancer diagnosis, surveillance, and treatment. The PI has been developing groundbreaking micro/nano technologies for cancer liquid biopsy, and targeted drug delivery. The selected publications include
(1) isolation of extracellular vesicles (Nature Biomedical Engineering, 2017, 1, 0058),
(2) isolation of circulating tumor cells (Cancer Research, 2010, 70, 9371-9380),
(3) targeted drug delivery (Cancer Research, 2018, 78, 798-808),
(4) relevant clinical studies (Annals of Oncology, 2018, 29, 2379-2383).
Development of novel biomaterials toward clinical translation (preferred application: EV isolation, EV tracking, cancer detection, and cancer treatment).
Required qualifications and experience:
(1) Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, advanced biomaterials, material science engineering
(2) Strong ability to independently design, carry out, interpret and report on experiments
(3) Excellent experimental skills and troubleshooting in own study/research field.
(4) Basic experience and skills in essential biomolecular experiments, including nucleic acid/protein extraction, PCR, western blot, various cellular assay, etc.
(5) Experience with cancer research is a big plus; excellent English writing is big plus; experience with animal experiments is a big plus.
For the position, successful applicants for are expected to have:
(1) Strong passion for innovation
(2) Strong motivation for academic excellence
(3) Solid academic background and publication track record
(4) Good character (mature, responsible, persistent, independent, etc.)
(5) Strong communication skills
(6) Collaborative personality
(7) Versatility and willingness to learn new skills
If interested, please contact Asst Prof Wan directly and email your complete CV (with highlighted most relevant achievement/experiences) and contact information for 3 recommenders. We will help the applicant apply for J1 visa. The beginning annual salary $50,000/year.
Based on scientific output (IF factors), additional bonuses will be separately paid. In brief, the tax-free bonuses will be determined by the following rules:
A paper with IF≥10: IF×10K RMB
A paper with IF≤7: 0; however, if total IF of 2 or more papers in one year ≥10: (IF-7) ×10K RMB
Dr. Yuan Wan
Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering