约翰斯·霍普金斯大学（Johns Hopkins University，简称:Hopkins或JHU）创立于1876年，是一所世界顶级的著名私立大学，美国第一所研究型大学，也是北美学术联盟美国大学协会（AAU）的14所创始校之一。
Postdoctoral or visiting scholar Fellow in Stem Cells and Neural Diseases – Johns Hopkins Medicine
Our lab within the Johns Hopkins Neurology and Institute for Cell Engineering is actively looking for postdoctoral fellows to join our exciting projects on the roles of neural activity dependent surviving pathways in early pathogenesis of Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and neurological infections, in which we utilize a large panel of isogenic human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPS)-derived neural cells as disease model.
Our overarching research themes are establishing ‘authentic’ human brain cultures derived from human iPS followed by identification of new molecular interventions for neurodegenerative diseases.
We have developed many robust and assemblable human brain cell systems. These two- and three- dimensional (2D & 3D) human brain assemblies and organoids contain balanced functional excitatory and inhibitory neural network, astrocytes, oligodendrocytes, microglia, vascular endothelia and pericytes.
We have been using these isogenic human brain cells to decode the neural activity dependent survival pathways and inflammatory conditions in AD and neurological infections in basic neurobiology and in neurology.
In addition to unraveling the fundamental pathological properties of neural diseases, our group also work on the development of novel and optimal human cellular replacement approaches and translational pathways for a broad range of neurologic conditions, such as stroke and Parkinson disease. Our previous trainees have continued to their own labs, started up new company, practiced medicine, and joined industry & government positions.
- A PhD, or MD, or equivalent degree in related fields
- Preference will be given to candidates with
- A background in cell biology with specific reference to neuroscience, development biology, immunology, stem cell biology, bioengineering, or virology
- Prior experience in stem cell culture (pluripotent stem cell would be ideal)
- Expertise in human ES/iPS differentiation
- Demonstrated skills with gene editing or functional genomic screening (e.g. shRNA, CRISPR)
- Scientific curiosity and desire to learn and apply novel stem cell and neuroscience techniques for translational discoveries
Selected candidates will have access to:
- Interdisciplinary training at a top medical institution, including but not limited to advanced stem cell technology, high-resolution imaging of sensitive samples or fast biological processes, neurovirology and neurodegenerative pathobiology
- State-of-art equipment and facilities at the Institute for Cell Engineering
- Highly collaborative and dynamic medicinal research environment at the Johns Hopkins Medicine
- To teach and guide young generation of scientists
- Our philosophy: focusing on people, we will develop tailored career plan for each individual
Interested applicants please send:
- Your questions
- Curriculum vitae/Resume
- 2~3 letters of recommendation to Jinchong Xu, M. Med, PhD at email@example.com